Book Multipurpose Room
Multipurpose Room (MPR) Rental Agreement – Terms
Updated February 2020
- Absolutely no wedding ceremonies are permitted to take place at the centre or in the multipurpose room. There are no exceptions.
- The multipurpose room is to be left reasonably clean. Disposable plates, cups, napkins, leftover food, etc. are to be placed in the garbage can before leaving. Our staff will dispose of the trash. Clients agree to be responsible and reimburse Brandon Riverbank Inc. for any damages done to the facility directly related to the event, including costs of excessive cleanup (minimum $50) made necessary by the client.
- Clients are to use the cork strip and push pins provided. Decorations, posters, Velcro Self-Adhesive, Command Hooks/Clips, etc. are prohibited and not to be pinned, adhered or taped to the walls.
- The Riverbank Discovery Centre has a kitchen equipped with a sink, fridge, stove and microwave.
- The Riverbank Discovery Centre is a nonsmoking facility. For our guests convenience snuffers are located outside the south and north entrance doors.Please remember to smoke away from these entrances.
- Washrooms are located directly across from the Multipurpose Room.
- In order to protect the wildlife at the Riverbank Discovery Centre no confetti of any kind is allowed on the grounds or within the centre.
- Popcorn as well as the above noted confetti is also not allowed inside the centre.
- Catering: is not provided through Brandon Riverbank Inc. Renters are able to make arrangements with existing businesses to bring food into the facility. A list of caterers is available upon request.
- Liquor: Liquor may only be consumed within the MPR and patio area. You must submit your request to purchase a Liquor permit through one of the LGCA locations in Brandon. If you are serving liquor at your function please complete and return the attached Liquor Hall Rental Agreement to the Riverbank Discovery Centre at: #1 –545 Conservation Drive, Brandon, MB R7A 7L8 or via fax at 204-729-2139.
According to the Liquor Control Act, Regulation 115/89 the holder of an occasional permit to serve liquor is required to adhere to the following rules:
- The holder of an occasional permit shall not, during the period and in the premises for which the occasional permit has been issued, allow:
- a) drunkenness or disorderly conduct to take place;
- b) liquor other than that authorized by the occasional permit to be had, kept or consumed;
- c) liquor to be sold except as authorized by the occasional permit;
- d) liquor to be removed from the premises during or after the social occasion except as authorized by the LGCA; or persons, other than members of the organization or previously invited guests of the organization to which or, if an individual, to whom, the occasional permit has been granted, to attend the social occasion.
- Payment for your booking is not due until an invoice has been emailed to you.
- Payments can be made during our regular weekday business hours, Monday –Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Please make cheques payable to Brandon Riverbank Inc.
- Remittance address: #1 -545 Conservation Drive, Brandon, Manitoba, R7A 7L8
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice will be billed for the full room rental fees.
- *Purchase Order Numbers: For those organizations that are billed via Purchase Order numbers, please forward the number to our office prior to your booking, as per page one of the Agreement.
- Agreement subject to change at discretion of BRI.
Bookings Outside of Regular Working Hours
- Regular MPR rental rates and guidelines apply.
- The renter is required to cover the costs associated with bringing in one of our staff members to keep the facility open during their time of booking.
- Our staff security cost is $18.50per hour and will be included on your invoice.
- For after hours emergencies please call: Dawn at 204-761-1904.
Use of the Kitchen Facilities
The kitchen must be returned to the statein which it was received. The appliances within the kitchen include a sink, fridge, stove and microwave. Dishes and cutlery are not available for use at the Riverbank Discovery Centre. The use of tea towels, dish clothes, and dish soap are included with the kitchen rental. Garbage is to be placed in the provided garbage bags and our staff will dispose of it.