Book RBDC Grounds
Riverbank Grounds Rental Agreement (not including Festival Park) – Terms
Updated December 2018
- The Riverbank Discovery Centre has a Multipurpose Room (MPR) and kitchen facility available for rent during your event. A separate rental agreement is required and are available online or from our office.
- The Grounds Booking Agreement is specific for the grounds of the Riverbank Discovery Centre not including Festival Park. A separate agreement is required for use of Festival Park.
- Washrooms, wheelchair accessible, are located indoors only. Access to washrooms outside of our regular hours of operation will be charged a building opening fee as well as a before/after hours security charge.
- Users of the Grounds are liable for any damages incurred during the event to the structure of the Grounds, to any contents therein, to any personal injury suffered by any guests, before, during or after, said Event within the Grounds or anywhere on the grounds.
- Users hereby indemnify and save harmless Brandon Riverbank Inc. (BRI) and the City of Brandon (as property owners) from all claims, suits, actions, causes of action of every kind that may be brought against BRI, its servants or agents, including solicitor costs, by reason of or arising out of the granting of this Agreement in relation to the use of the Grounds, including entranceways or anywhere on the Grounds for the purpose as set out herein.
- Organizations holding events that are open to the public and advertised as such are required to provide Proof of Liability Insurance at a minimum of 1 million dollars that ists BRI as an additional insured. Proof of said insurance is to be submitted to BRI at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the event.
- Users agree and undertake to ensure that no alcohol is brought onto the grounds to be consumed therein or thereon, before, during or after such Event.
- Users undertake to clean up immediately after the Event any and all refuse on the Grounds created by the Event or the patrons attending the Event. All garbage on the facility grounds is to be placed in garbage bins during the event and before departing all garbage bins must be emptied into the small (black for regular garbage and blue for recyclables) City bins / receptacles located adjacent to the Riverbank Discovery Centre or the large receptacle, which is adjacent to the playground. If there is excessive
cleanup required by our staff as a result of the event, a minimum $100 clean-up fee will be charged.
- Users further agree and undertake to ensure that no confetti of any kind shall be used on the grounds for conservation reasons.
- Users acknowledge that the Grounds are open to the public and that BRI cannot ensure exclusive use of the Grounds for the Event, however, BRI agrees that another Event will not be booked on the Grounds during the times outlined above.
- Payment for your booking is not due until an invoice has been emailed to you.
- Payment can be made during our regular weekday business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Please make cheques payable to Brandon Riverbank Inc.
- Remittance address: #1 – 545 Conservation Drive, Brandon, MB, R7A 7L8
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice will be billed for the full grounds fees. The only exception will be cancellation due to poor weather conditions and a minimum administration fee may be charged and is at the discretion of Management.
Bookings Outside of Regular Riverbank Discovery Centre Hours
- Regular Grounds and MPR rental rates and guidelines apply.
- BRI is not responsible for any damage done to event equipment or paraphernalia prior to or during the event. If outdoor security is desired we encourage that you use our current contracted security company. Please inquire for further information.
- For after hours emergencies please call: Dawn at 204-761-1904.
- Agreement subject to change at discretion of BRI.